Combined Transport ranks high up on the agenda of politicians and companies with a need for sustainable logistic solutions. The German Promotion Centre for Intermodal Transport (SGKV – Studiengesellschaft für den Kombinierten Verkehr) supports the Combined Transport and its development in numerous ways.
The association’s portfolio spans across the following services:
- Consultation of political representatives with respect to relevant professional questions, especially the BMVI (Federal Ministry of Transport and Digital Infrastructure)
- Presentation of Combined Transport, the function and advantages, through specialist lectures at events or for expert committees like Young Combination Experts and Terminal Day.
- Representative of the Bureau International des Containers (BIC) as National Registry Organization for Germany and Austria
- Participation in standardization bodies (DIN, CEN, ISO)
- Research and consulting activities regarding the Combined Transport like the Intermodal Map for Europe and the Research Database.
There is the opportunity for companies to become a member of SGKV and benefit from: networking and events, newsletter, inquiries, info-letter, expert recruitment and mediation between research and practice
According to Clemens Bochynek, who is leading the SGKV aus CEO, the Association considers itself as a communication platform with the aim to connect market players and strengthen their collaboration. This collaboration takes place on an internal and intercompany level, as well as national and international wide.
SGKV promotes the use of Combined Transport as an environmentally friendly mode of transport in the sense of the environmental protection.
In this context the association fulfills four key functions:
- Production and publication of scientific stocktaking, market survey, studies, and the carrying out of research projects
- National and international norm preparations
- Consulting and information for members, government agencies and the public
- Organization, coordination and the carrying out of training courses and further education programs
We recommend SGKV as an objective and highly knowledgable partner to anyone who is interested to learn more about how Combined Transport works in general or collaborate on specific research projects.